Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Samurai Creed

I have no parents; I make Heavens and the Earth my Parents
I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien my home
I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power
I have no means; I make Docility my Means
I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power
I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death
I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body
I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes
I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears
I have no Limbs; I make Promtitude my Limbs
I have no Laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws
I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy
I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by Forelock my Designs
I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle
I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle
I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics
I have no talent ; I make Ready Wit my Talent
I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend
I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy
I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour
I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle
I have no sword; I make no Mind my Sword

1 comment: